I have two children and my husband is in the Air Force-does anybody have opinions for online schooling i.e. Medical Assistant?Any answers will help greatly.Thanks!

AirForceWife004

Asked by AirForceWife004 at 7:44 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Money & Work

• You can go to Ashworth University or Penn Foster and U S career institute.
    ZakiyaLynn

Answer by ZakiyaLynn at 8:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I went to school online and loved it.. I started in 2005 and was done in 2007.. there are some great schools to go to online.. It was great since my son was only 5 months old when I started..
    michaelsmom2005

Answer by michaelsmom2005 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• If you want to go to school online I would find something that will allow you to get a job afterward. Doing a Medical Assistant program online is not going to give you the hands on experience you will need. A hospital or clinic is going to expect you to be able to jump in and know how to do the clinical portion of your job. How will you do that with an online program? If you are wanting to go to school online, I would find a program that is not medical such as business or something along those lines.
    AKEllen

Answer by AKEllen at 12:15 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Check your local hospitals. You might be surprised as to the on the job training possitions they have to offer. ie clinical assistant.
    kimmie10575

Answer by kimmie10575 at 1:23 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Many universities and community colleges have online programs. Search your local schools to see what they offer. You will probably get better tuition rates being in-state. I finished my degree using the online program at the University of Maryland University College. It was just the flexibilty I needed because, at the time, I worked full-time outside the home and had a small child. Go for it! Good luck.
    bizlady

Answer by bizlady at 8:54 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• pennfoster career school has a medical office assitant program i am in there desktop publishing program you get an actual dimploma you work at your own pace and it will only cost you on a full payment $713.00 and for payment plan $738.00 for more information go to http://www.pennfoster.edu/medoa/Tuition.html
    maryelaine

Answer by maryelaine at 11:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Hi!I was a dental assistant in the usaf-we used to train red cross volunteers to be dental assitants.So maybe you could call the red cross-if you can't do ojt-maybe they could direct you to a program online!
    hollid

Answer by hollid at 11:42 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Hi Airforcewife,

Medical assisting is a hard choice to do online, as you are not in the classroom to learn your clinical, 'hands-on' training. My name is Michelle, and I am the president of the Professional Medical Billers Association. My site offers online medical billing training. You can view the online site at www.learnmedicalbillingonline.com Feel free to email me if you have any questions lmboadm@aol.com
    medbiller

Answer by medbiller at 7:44 PM on Sep. 6, 2008

• Don't bother with those, Career Step is approved for these medical careers and training, plus FREE for you, depends on his rank really.

Check it out; I'm a student there now, www.careerstep.com/militaryfriend If they ask for my student ID its on my profile.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:17 PM on May. 29, 2009