Baby Shampoo

What is your opinion about this article?

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/archive/2009/03/13/cancer-causing-agents-found-in-kids-shampoos.aspx

ekerazy78

Asked by ekerazy78 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think most mainstream products are full of nasty stuff. try burt's bees or nature's gate, avalon - there are tons of 'green' products available that are non-toxic.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 10:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Honestly I think it's crap. How long has baby shampoo and other products been around? You never hear about kids getting cancer from it. Almost everything in today's world, including the air we breath, has cancer causing agents in it. The air probably has more carcinogens in it than any baby product. Just one more thing out there to scare parents...
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 10:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• i agree with jmpeskie. everything has cancer causing stuff in it now so why run around screaming that its all gonna kill us?
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• i ONLY use natural everything, shampoo, conditioner, sunscreen, food, everything....even baby wipes, the ONLY ones that don't contain that crap are the Pampers Sensitive b/c they contain aloe not the bad stuff....just buy natural that way you know it's safe. And it's not always expensive. Whole Foods has their own brand of stuff that's rather inexpensive. I like Burts Bees though for my DD....and it smells sooo good. I even use her lotion myself =)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:59 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• And it's not crap...they have actually linked cancer to the parabens in everything...but whatever.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:00 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• it's easier to discount it than to educate yourself and care enough to do anything about it.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 11:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Infants don't need soap. A bath in warm water is all they need, with a little olive oil for the "crusties". Do not trust the word natural; it is meaningless and unregulated. Uranium is a natural substance!!!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:24 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I am not comfortable putting anything on my baby boy that contains formaldehyde or dyes. I do not feel it is crap because I did a lot of research and even read about it on the cancer.org page.
    ekerazy78

Answer by ekerazy78 at 9:57 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I read about this a few weeks ago and there is a great website www.skindeep.com it goes into all kinds of heath care products and has a rating system ... and you would be suprised hoe many "natural or organic" products contain things that are moderate risk check it out i couldn't believe it
    atowne

Answer by atowne at 1:40 PM on Apr. 30, 2009