Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can my kids dad tell me that i have to pay his fiance some money for childcare before I can ......

I'm am the non-custodial parent. I get visitation with my kids every other weekend. YEY! I live in Washington, my kids live with their dad in Oregon. He won't let me take them out of the state of Washington where my home is, unltil I pay his fiance for watching our son while their dad is at work.... is that right? It's not even on the judgement, I think he is trying to use money as a tool again...

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Answers (13)
  • if he's the custodial parent, and you are paying child support, it's his responsibility to arrange and pay for child care.

    Answer by teri4lance at 10:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

  • no that can't be right at all, he is the one leaving him with her while he's at work. i'd contact your lawyer and have your lawyer contact him if he's still an a$$ about it

    Answer by vabchmommy at 10:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

  • He's full of crap. Did YOU hire her to provide child care? Are you paying child support to him (if it's ordered)?

    I would tell him not only is he full of crap, that you will be contacting a lawyer / going to the police about him violating the visitation orders.

    Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

  • Hell no. if you are paying you child support and doing what is required of you and such then you are fine. It shouldn;t even be a chore for her to look after him as she is marrying your ex! He is gonna be her step-son right?

    Thats a very moronic situation. Child support is all you must pay.

    Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

  • No! If you paying child care isn't in your court order than you do not have to pay his girlfriend. Sounds like he is just trying to milk you for what ever he can...

    Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:27 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

  • If it's not court ordered then no. Make him take it up with the courts.

    Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

  • I have to ask this..... You are the mom - why does your EX have Kids full time?

    Answer by bristle3kids at 10:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

  • What does your order state? Does your parenting plan state that you get the kids every other weekend for a visit in Washington State? If so, then he is in contempt if he does not let you take them. If it is not in the child support order that you pay childcare, then he can't make you pay it. Also, even if you are behind on child support he cannot withhold visitation. File a contempt order where the parenting plan was filed (washington or oregon) and you do not need an attorney for that. Call the court facilitator. Call the city police department, tell them you have a parenting plan and he's not letting you take the kids. Sometimes they'll tell you it's a civil matter and sometimes they'll actually help and call him

    Answer by a_and_j_momma at 10:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

  • bristle3kids = N/A

    I would do what 10:54 suggested. Stay calm, if your in the eright he is creating a hostile enviroment for the child and promoting estrangement. Zap Him!

    Answer by malindasb at 11:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

  • more thing. If he is found in contempt then he will be ordered to allow makeup time. So, make sure you document how much time you lost

    Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:35 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.