Does anyone know what it is like to travel in New Zealand? Any experience traveling with children there?

My daughter is going there for at least 6 weeks, because her husband has to go to New Zealand for work. My daughter has a 10 month old boy and a 7 year old girl (who is home schooled) and I am curious about what it is like for foreign families.
They are moving into a furnished home that is being taken care of by her husbands job.. but I am a little nervous.

mermaidztail7

Asked by mermaidztail7 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Travel

• My FIL is a doctor and works there on and off. It's very beautiful, friendly, etc. They drive on the wrong side of the road though. My sister also lived there for a while as an exchange student and really loved it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:53 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Why are you so nervous, Kiwi's are well known for their friendly nature and hospitality. They readily accept foreigners and they also have all the modern convienences! lol

Your daughter is going to one of the most beautiful places on earth an experience that she won't soon forget make sure she takes loads of pictures!
    wyldreams

Answer by wyldreams at 7:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I am nervous, because of a couple things like: the Swine Flu which is everywhere and the fact that I have never been to New Zealand and my daughter and her family have never traveled over seas. She is traveling with a little ones and they are my little dear hearts! I have traveled abroad with a boyfriend years ago, but I don't know what it is like traveling with little kids. I am watching movies and reading books on NZ and trying to educate myself about the country. My daughter is doing the same. I am just going to miss them.. we see each other a couple times a week.. and I just know my grandson is going to come back walking and he will spend his bday over there. We are a very close family and I am excited for them.. and I know it is a chance of a lifetime! I just will think positive and look forward to their pictures and movies! :)
    mermaidztail7

Answer by mermaidztail7 at 1:45 AM on May. 6, 2009