• In the Spotlight:

What is Obama doing that is so bad for our nation?

Please excuse my ignorance, but I don't watch the news or read the paper...much, if ever. So apparently I am missing how Obama is making us into communists?? Or is somehow on his way to being the worst president ever?

I seriously would like to know..what's he doing?
Oh and if he's doing good stuff, IYO, please, share.

ProudSingleMum

Asked by ProudSingleMum at 10:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• You mean aside from spending trillions of dollars that your grandkids will still be paying back that didn't need to be spent in the first place? Or taking over corporations with the government?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Well, do you want your great-grandchildren, grandchildren paying for the bail outs, CEO's vacas, blah, blah, blah? Not to be rude, but I don't! Since when does anyone need to spend money that just isn't there to make anything better? Does that work in your home? If it does...please, tell us how that works for you and your family.
    Anonymous

• I was just looking at his approval rating today...it is 66% of Americans think he is doing a good job. This is according to the Gallup Poll.

It is right wing media spewing that he has a low approval rating, they think their slander will work.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/118054/100-Days-Obama-Approval-Broad-Deep.aspx

Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• k....seriously...I need a little less sarcasm :). I HONESTLY have no clue what is going on...like...where the money is being spent. And what corporations? (I no NOTHING about politics....)
    ProudSingleMum

Answer by ProudSingleMum at 10:34 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Small list here. Taxing us beyond belief for not only our generation but also our grand children's generations as well. Apologizing to other countries about America and claiming they are good will campaigns. Claiming to be bringing the troops home and he's lied 3 times since then and extended their tours and even adding more troops there. Refusing to close our south borders and is now wanting to make illegals have the same rights as those of us who are citizens by giving them housing, rights to vote, driver's licenses, medical coverage at the cost of the tax payers.
    He is a liar and at the opinion of many is ruining the basis and foundation of what this country was founded on. He wants a socialistic reform paid for by those in the middle class.
    He is now trying to rip apart our constituition and take away our rights to bear arms. I own several firearms (I'm a cop) and if he wants to take away my rights....come and try.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• okay...so this is clear...I am not actually an obama supporter...at all. I just know that LOTS of people seem to think he is the best thing since sliced bread and everyone else things he is pond scum...I'm just trying to figure out what people are ignoring, or blowing out of proportion or what. As in REALLY what is he doing for our country (good AND bad).
    ProudSingleMum

Answer by ProudSingleMum at 10:38 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• lilbit:
    what does this mean? "He wants a socialistic reform paid for by those in the middle class. "
    ProudSingleMum

Answer by ProudSingleMum at 10:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• ProudSingleMum this is not the America I had planned for my son. I did not expect my son to grow up thinking that our country bows down to others. I want my son to know that if you want something then you get off your ass and work for it. Nothing will be handed to you. No one will respect someone who lives off the government. Not Obama. He is instructing those that are on welfare that they should stay on it so those of us that are working, paying taxes, living paycheck to paycheck for our own families need to support the lazy asses in the country as well. It's insulting and embarassing. I don't consider him my president. Not by any stretch.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 10:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Thank you for explaining. I plan to raise my son the same way you seem to want to raise yours :)
    ProudSingleMum

Answer by ProudSingleMum at 10:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• http://therealbarackobama.wordpress.com/2009/01/03/the-obama-socialist-marxist-communist-reader/

When you have time, read this. It's only one website of many that note Obama's marxist/socialist ties. That's all he could talk about what change change change....it's changing now and soon this country will be in a civil war and it will be too late. Our ecomony is crumbling and people blame Bush for it. But it hasn't been 100 days for Obama and he has already spent trillions of dollars that America doesn't have.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 10:44 PM on Apr. 29, 2009