did you go all natural or get the epidural??(if you have had a kid before)

When I had my daughter,she was face up so I had back labor and was in so much pain that i could not refuse the epidural.But what I found out after 15hrs of labor, the epidural only helped with the contractions.Not when it came time to have her.concidering they unplugged it 2hrs before.

I am 28 weeks now with a boy.I plan on going natural with this one as long as i can stand the contractions.Has anyone that has had 2 kids did one epidural and natural for the other?I just want to know if going natural is really as painful as people say it is.

brittoh

Asked by brittoh at 10:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I went all natural with my first, had an epidural with my second, I NEVER want to have an epidural EVER again!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I've had 3 kids. My first one the epidural worked wonderfully. After that I have no idea what happened, lol. The epidurals did NOTHING. I felt everything! If I had another baby, I'd go without the epidural, hands down!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I had an epidural and I loved it. I think when I get pregnant again though I will try natural as long as possible so I can walk around and not be stuck to a bed and I'll be able to shower afterwards
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I did all natural both kids I was fine once I could push for like the hour before I was ok to push I was just a b*&^^% -- but I"d never do it any other way-- if my daughter had been on time rather then 10 weeks early I might have caved-- but I just knew since she was pre term I had to do it
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I've only had one child. but I got the epidural. And it was amazing. I never felt any contractions, when the doc came in and said it was time to push the nurses told me when to push, so i pushed and i felt no pain. just pressure. I don't think I could have done it without an epidural. It was amazing. I'm definitely getting an epidural again.
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I have 3 kids, and my last was 100% drug free. She was fast, easy, and I recovered the quickest this way. I did say some 4 letter words, but for me, it was not terrible at all. I planned on the epidural, but waited to long, so just be aware of that. My son's birth was easy, but I felt sort of out of control with the epidural. I couldn't feel anything. With my first, I only had a shot of Demerol, nothing else. I felt a lot, but was sort of loopy. Anyway you have your baby, holding him or her is what counts to me. Not the method of them getting out so much--it is the end result. Best wishes.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I got an epidural and it was nice during labor but my back hurt for 9 months after I had it. I finally had to go back to the doctor that did it in the first place and have him fix my back.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 10:35 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• All natural with all 3 and I've said it before, I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:35 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• well i had one of those nightmare labors. I had to be induced-which didn't work out too well. I started having conractions 1 1/2 minutes apart 2 hours after they induced. However, I wouldn't dialate. After 18 hours of non stop pain, I finally dialated to a 4 and I was begging for an epidural. After the epidural, I started dialating very quickly. 4 hours later I was fully dialated, pushed for another hour and couldn't get passed crowning so ended up having a c-section anyway. I'm preggers with #2 and hope for a better outcome. But if it was possible, I would prefer it naturally. After 18 hours of nonstop pain, I gave in but later hated it because I was so out of it. I couldn't feel anything, no pain, no pressure, nothing. So I sometimes wonder if I had been able to feel more, if I would have been able to push harder. That whole chestnut.
    BethanyB930

Answer by BethanyB930 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I got the epi, and it ended up not working after a couple hours, no medication they gave me helped even a little bit. It was super super painful, Im not going to lie.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 10:44 PM on Apr. 29, 2009