At what age....

do babies outgrow their bouncy seat...my DD only throws herself forward in it....she won't lay back anymore, she just sits up and looks around. Can it tip over?? dumb question but Im curious=)

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 11:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• probably time to invest in a bounce/walker.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:05 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Yeah it can tip over. I found my daughter hanging over the edge at 3 or 4 months. If you are feeding her in it and sitting with her you are ok. I wouldn't leave her unsupervised.
    MILFInProgress

Answer by MILFInProgress at 11:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• No I just set her in it while Im taking a shower/getting ready that kind of thing...otherwise, she's not in it....but thanx for the info. Good to know=)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I suppose it could tip over. Well, you should always keep an eye on LO when shes in it anyway. Perhaps now that shes sitting up, consider getting her a saucer thing, walker or jumper.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 11:10 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• You're not supposed to use them anymore after they can sit up unassisted. I think that's the only warning they give on them. Otherwise, it's up to your own judgement. If you think she might hurt herself, you probably shouldn't use it anymore.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 11:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My daughter did tip hers (or maybe it didn't tip, but she more or less fell out of it while still strapped to it...) I think it was around 10 months? I was in the shower, and she was right there with me. It was definitely after she was crawling/pulling up, etc very well.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:38 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• If she can sit up, she is too big for it. I have to take issue with the suggestion of a walker. The US is the only industrialized country that has not banned them. They can be extremely dangerous and should not be used.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:13 AM on Apr. 30, 2009