What do you think of Obama making fun of Fox News and the Tea-baggers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

• I think it was rude and disrespectful to the people that he works for, but I am not in the least bit surprised. I didn't expect any better from him.
    Anonymous

• I agree it was disrespectful. The government doesn't care about what the American people have to say and it is becoming more and more obvious.
    GrmaJayne

Answer by GrmaJayne at 11:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Good for him...taking them head on...just like he should.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I don't think it was really all that bad. People need to lighten up a little. They're taking themselves too seriously. He made a joke, but his main point was that we can work together to resolve these issues and people need to keep in mind that we are in a MAJOR crisis right now. If the economic policies seem extreme it's because they need to be in order to get us out of this mess.
    Anonymous

• people use humor all the time to make a diminutive of something that bothers them, its human nature
    Anonymous

• When you see, you know, those of you that are watching certain news channels on which I'm not very popular, and you see folks waving tea bags around, let me just remind them that I am happy to have a serious conversation about how we are going to cut our health care costs down over the long term, how we are going to stabilize Social Security," he said. "[Sen.] Claire [McCaskill] and I are working diligently to basically do a thorough audit of federal spending," Obama told the crowd, at one point mimicking the waving of a tea bag with his left hand.
    I dont' see anything disrespectful... he was being truthful....
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 11:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• It is sad that He doesn't realize why the teabaggers did what they did and made light of it. If he made a joke at the Democrats like that what would the reaction be then?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:27 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Making fun of them wasn't taking them head on. How did you possibly come to that conclusion? Taking them head on would be to listen to what they have to say and be mature about it. Instead he went the immature route and tear down anyone who disagrees or criticizes him.

Anonymous

• Fox News is a HUGE media outlet! That was a flat out ridiculous lie. When you have to lie about others to bring them down it really says a LOT more about you than it does about them.
    Anonymous