Preemie Babies Help!!

Has anyone on here had a baby that was in the NICU?? My baby girl was born at 34 weeks and she had to go to the NICU because she was early and she was jaundice and other than that shes fine but they have her eating 45ml at every feeding and she will only take about 25 by bottle and they have to tube the rest. When will she start eating and what can i do so she can come home!?!?!?!

ladybug.ky88

Asked by ladybug.ky88 at 11:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've had two Preemies, if you want to talk feel free to send me a message!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• They will let her go home when she can take her feedings totally from the bottle and no tube feedings. That means they will look for her to put on some weight before releasing her. Also she will have to regulate her own temp if she's not doing that on her own now. My baby girl was born at 23 weeks and spent 2 1/2 mos in NICU. It's rough not having your little girl home, but she's getting the best care where she is. Best Wishes.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Thank you guys!! Shes been keeping her temp up but just to little and tired to eat... I wish there was something i could do to help her eat...
    ladybug.ky88

Answer by ladybug.ky88 at 11:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2009