I am trying to do fund raisers to help make money for my daughter to attend a school for autistic children.

can anyone help me think of different events and tell me how to get them started. Thanks dominique

dominiques4

Asked by dominiques4 at 11:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• Candy selling was always a big hit when I went to school. Sell a candy bar for a dollar (especially to high school kids!).
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 11:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• As long as no one complains you can try what PP said and also buy sodas and snacks and double the price you paid. Hey if we can do it for PTA you can try and do it for your daughter and make a decent profit if you stick to it from now through summer school.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:42 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I guess it depends on where you are trying to raise funds. I do fundraisers with/for a number of different places or causes. I would need to chat with you a bit about set up but if you are interested, it won't cost you anything to be involved. You can work it through your school, church or just door to door if you want to. IF you decide on a nother fundraiser mine could just help add a few dollars to your total, or you could go with mine alone. I would need to chat with you about detals - So, if you want you can call me directly or just pm me here.

Sabrina M Bowen
    724-258-6919

Talk to you soon!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:55 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Check around to see if you have a Home Interior rep in your area. Their candles do really well for fundraisers and the rep can usually cut the cost down for special causes.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:32 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• You could do summer fairs and festivals all summer long. You can sell bottles of water (buy a 24 pack at Aldi for $3 and sell them at $1 a bottle) or go to places like www.orientaltrading.com and buy fans, visors, hats, summer type items in bulk and re-sell them.

You can also ask local churches if you can hold a benefit dinner, car wash, or hot dog vending. If you do hot dogs go to local grocery stores and ask if they will donate the hot dogs or the buns, ketchup, mustard.....you'd be surprised how you will hear a "yes"

Perhaps buy a large ticket item like a patio set at a discount store like Big Lots or a new grill and raffle it off. Contact local churches, school and fairs/festivals to see if you can set up a table to sell them.

Go to Vista print and order a free poster saying how the sale of the tickets or item you are selling benefits an Autistic child wishing to go to the "______ School" next fall!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:18 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Car wash...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Hi! My name is Kim and I'm a Manager with Gold Canyon. Have you heard of them? Gold Canyon offers an amazing fundraiser program. It's great to partner with an company where they can give a large percentage and you're not having to ask for a lot of donations. With our fundraiser program, we offer three sizes of candles in a variety of fragrances, something for everyone, and it's nice to sell something that is at a good price point. It's hard to make a significant amount of money when you're selling something for only $1.

Please contact me and I can give you some more details. It's definitely worth checking out and if it's not a good fit for you, no worries!

Kim Niehaus
    Manager & Independent Demonstrator
    Gold Canyon Candles
    http://www.mygc.com/kimniehaus
    justkima

Answer by justkima at 10:59 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I sell Avon and I do fundraisers often. I also do fundraisers through Usborne Books and More. I would love to set one up for you if you'd like. They tend to be very successful!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 2:51 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I do fundraisers with my business too. If you are interested, PM me. For such a great cause, I would be willing to give 30% of the proceeds to your organization. Hope to hear from you soon.

www.marykay.com/ahenderson1

Good luck!  amy

AmyMK

Answer by AmyMK at 4:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL BINGO HALLS AND SEE IF THE CAN HELP YOU OUT BY DOING A BENIFIT BINGO..A FRIEND HAD SET ONE UP FOR MY HUSBAND AND ME FOR MEDICAL EXPENSES TO GO BACK AND FORTHS TO THE HOSPITAL..
    TAMMSTWINS

Answer by TAMMSTWINS at 10:13 PM on Apr. 30, 2009