What are some signs ..

that my son is ready to transition from co-sleeping to sleeping on his own in his crib? I am in no hurry, but am just curious how to tell hes ready .. thanks!

InfectiousSmile

Asked by InfectiousSmile at 11:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• THERE WILL NOT BE ANY SIGNS ....IF YOU DON'T MAKE HIM SLEEP IN HIS CRIB HE WILL PROLLY JUST STAY SLEEPING WITH YOU...WHICH ISN'T A BAD THING !
    Anonymous

• No idea of signs but do you co-sleep at nap time? I'd start there if you haven't already.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I dont really think there are signs. You just kinda do it. However, if you dont do it sooner than later, the transition will be harder.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 11:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I'm not much help! Lol! It was more like, "what are the signs that mommy is ready?". When they kept me from getting a good night sleep, we started transitioning them to the crib in their own room. One of our kids was, and still is, very active in his sleep. He got switched to the crib pretty quickly!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Its kinda dangerous to co-sleep sometimes.I mean I did on occasion its way easier when breastfeeding. You should stop by a year, the longer you do it the harder it is to break. then if you have more kids you will all have to share. My brother started dating a woman that still slept with her 9 yr old, and continued to do so after they moved in together, it became a problem very quickly!
    5isenoughforme

Answer by 5isenoughforme at 12:59 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• ur not gonna get any signs.....my niece is 3 and still sleeps with her mom......if u want ur own bed...u gotta put ur kid in the crib ....it's gonna be a lot of work at first(just went through it myself) but it will work
    indianhuntress

Answer by indianhuntress at 2:59 PM on May. 1, 2009