stupid question

For the past 5 hours, I've been having BH but PAINFUL! and alot of them..they just weren't getting better when i changed positions and they would get worse when i walk. TMI but I went to the bathroom and noticed bloody gooey stuff on my underwear..not alot but enough to scare me. when i wiped, there was more gooey stuff but it was more goo then blood..it was streaked with bright red/pink blood. I literally haven't done anything but lay in bed all day..no lifting, nothing.
I called the OB on call and they told me to lay down, keep my feet up and dont move unless i absolutely have too..if i bleed anymore or the pain keeps up and/or gets worse, call again if its tonight.or if its tomorrow, call my doctor and she will want to see me.

First question, since they didnt really tell me, what could be wrong?
Second (the stupid question), is it possible to go into preterm labor at 18 weeks? I dont think I am but its just a thought

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 11:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That sounds scary. If it were me I would go in to the doctor tomorrow and have them check your cervix. It is way too early but it does sound like the mucus plug, in which case you'll want to be sure everything is is still closed down there...

Then again I tend to be an alarmist.

I had some spotting at 21 weeks and I was terrified! Turns out I had been using my arms too much and they were put on bed rest. Just my arms. Crazy right? I couldn't vacuum or do dishes, just feed myself and brush my teeth...
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 2:07 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• You could possibly be miscarrying (sorry if so). Most doctors won't do much to stop it before you hit the 20 week mark. If it doesn't stop or gets worse, call quick.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:38 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Your not going into labor but it is common that woman can bleed threw their pregnancy ,But deffinetly monitor everything every feeling and the amount that is comming down EXT,,,As long as its not alot pf blood or your in pain im shur your fine
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 11:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I just started feeling the baby go crazy kicking me, so I'm pretty sure its not a miscarriage..
    and I know im not in labor..i was just wondering because it was something that crossed my mind for a split second.
    Maybe I'm just having an off day..
    Thank you ladies tho
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:29 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I was going to say that this sounded like you were losing part of your mucus plug (which is gooey and streaked with blood), but that happens before labor towards the end of the third trimester. I hope the best for you chick.
    ours

Answer by ours at 12:29 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Thats what I was thinking when I saw it. It looked how everyone described it. It's not bloody anymore, its just a bunch of gooey stuff..and i mean, ALOT of it.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:34 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• You'll be okay. Just try to stay relaxed because pregnancy is not a pretty thing, all kinds of gross things come out of your vag hahah
    ours

Answer by ours at 12:40 AM on Apr. 30, 2009