Mirena?

is anyone using the mirena iud and if so does it make you feel any different or bad side effects? does it hurt getting put in? how happy are you with it? i read the pamphlet on it, but i wanna know what others experiences are on it? im supposed to get one next week....and i would love any extra info anyone can give me!! thanks!!

LA09TKP

Asked by LA09TKP at 11:41 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Health

• I love mine. It is not right for everyone, but when it works for you it really works...KWIM?

I did not have any pain while it was inserted. I did have bleeding off and on for four months, but now have very light periods. I went from 7 days of heavy bleeding to 4 days of light spotting for my monthly cycle.

I love that we don't have to worry about contraception. We have sex more than ever now because there is no worry about getting pregnant. I don't have to remember the pill or worry if we have a condom...which are the methods we used before I got the IUD.

I was worried too, but I figure if I hated it I could always have it taken out. I LOVE it so I will probably will keep it the full five years.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I have had mine for about a year and a half. I love it, I had some bleeding the first month but none since then.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:13 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I absolutely LOVE mine. I got it put in 6 weeks after I delivered my son. It wasn't painful, it was just like a regular pap smear almost. The most pain there was, was when she set it in place there was a little pinch feeling. but it went away.

I bled for a few days afterward. Nothing big though. It was like spotting.

I've had it now for 4 months, almost 5, and I still haven't had a period. No signs of it at all.

I love not having to worry about a pill, or getting a shot, and my SO doesn't have to worry about a condom, or pulling out(I know it doesn't work, but he swears it does).

I would definitely go for it. If you end up not liking it, you can always have it removed.

Good Luck=)

LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 12:14 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• thats the thing though. i dread pap smears and exams down there as it is, cause those alligator things the slide in there always hurt me, theyve actually cut me up inside there with those things, the doc im seeing this time i cant remember if she ever used those or did an actual exam or not, and i just freak out at that. it hurts. and the doctors at my hospital are NOT gentle in any way.
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 12:17 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Tell them to use a small speculum. I look at it as a short term discomfort for a long time reward.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:07 AM on Apr. 30, 2009