Do you ALWAYS vote your party line?

I believe my E-stalker is back blabbering on about what a disservice it is if you don't vote with your party all of the time.

If you are a Republican, Democrat, Independent, Green, whatever, do you always vote for your party even if you don't agree with some of the things they stand for at a particular time? Do you tend to vote for who you feel is the best candidate? If you don't vote for your party, do you ever feel like a traitor?

Lastly, what are your top three most important issues that we should be dealing with.

Thanks!

JackalsWife

Asked by JackalsWife at 11:41 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Naw. This mite sound horrible, but I didnt know any other candidates on the presidential ballot besides the main runners for president. And for the rest of them, I just picked the ones that I liked their name the best.
    As for things that should be dealt with... our situation in Iraq/Afghanistan, something to do with the economy and setting up more jobs, and a long-term plan to get america out of debt.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 11:45 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• It would be great if other parties besides Dem/Rep actually had a chance at winning.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 11:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I've only voted once so far, but I do not plan to 'stick' to my party. I'm a registered Democrat..but have even considered changing that to independent. The reason being that I refuse to vote simply based on the political party. How shallow is it to vote for someone JUST because they're the choice for your party? Very shallow, in my mind. :) I don't believe I'd ever feel like a traitor for voting for someone outside my party. It's all about where they stand on what issues and how they plan to solve them. Top three issues: Economy, war, healthcare.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 11:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• That's what I am..a reg Independent because I'm not totally aligned with one side or the other. I see a lot of good in both parties as well as some of my own ideas on how things should be. One major down side is you can't vote in primaries depending on what state you're registered in. I agree with everything you said MDD. I think it should be about issues and not party lines.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 11:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• No; that's why I consider myself an independent. I have different leanings (ie beliefs) depending on the issue at hand.

I am an individual with an open mind and the ability to review the facts and make my own determination as to what I feel is best; not what some politician would like me to believe.

beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I always vote for the person whose platforn most closely aligns with the way I want things to be manged. Some are Dems, some are Republicans, some are Libertarian or Independant. The PARTY is not the criteria I choose on, but the issues.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:17 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• LOL @ E-stalker

Anyway, I'm a registered indpendent as well because my views are not completely in line with one party. I agree with views from both sides and I enjoy making decisions for MYSELF rather than for my party. I enjoy looking at things from THREE points of view before making my decision. I guess it's just the Libra in me. ;-)
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 12:20 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I'm a dem, mostly vote that way. In 2000 Colin Powell would have had my vote, he would not now.
    I like Ron Paul, so who knows in the future.
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:48 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I vote for the person not the party.
    MILFInProgress

Answer by MILFInProgress at 12:57 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I also vote for the person or the issue not the party and the three issues that i think are the most important are
    1. The economy
    2. The War (getting out of it!)
    3. Gay Marraige (equal rights for everyone)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Apr. 30, 2009