Why is it hate? and don't they know its what the MAJORITY voted for??

I'm sorry, but I do not understand why disagreeing about gay marriage makes you hateful. The "beauty queens" are joing in on a campaign to overturn prop 8. Great. Thats their right. Free speech and all. So whu is the camp called NOH8? It's not hate. There is no hate behind my stance on this. Be gay. Enjoy. I just don't think this line should get re written. Why is it hate?

and two...They act like the majority of people didn't vote against gay marriage. In EVERY state that has voted the majority voted against it. The CURRENT president is against it. So WHY are conservatives the bad guys?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I wouldn't say "bad guys" - everyone is entitled to their opinion. I guess for me I just don't understand what business it is of yours, mine and the rest of the country. Gay folks aren't hurting everyone and all they want is the same rights as a man and a woman in marriage. They should be allowed that.

I think people call it hateful because they can't understand why folks like you feel you have the right to dictate how others live their lives (marriage wise.)
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 11:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Perhaps its because a lot of people that do disagree about gay marriage are hateful towards them, or think it is wrong. You and I may feel there is no hate, but other people are different.
    And also, the majority isnt everybody, its just a lot of people. People like to putthe blame on something to make them feel better... like The war? Blame it on Bush. Against gay marriage? Blame it on Obama. That kind of thing.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 11:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I'm sure there are some who just hate. For the most part, I don't think it's hate. However, it is inequality. We live in a country that we all have the right to equality. My rights end where yours begin. Yours ends where the next guy's begins. And so on.

Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 11:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• The majority also voted against inter-racial couples marrying, majority also voted against freeing slaves, letting women vote... There is a difference when it relates to human rights, and discrimination. If it was left up to conservatives, minories (including women) would not have the rights we have today.
    Perhaps you do not view it has hate, but it is a form of discrimination, which is usually breed from ignorance and fear. Marriage has evolved over centuries, and it will continue evolve. If you are speaking religiously, marriage is between a man and a woman inorder to procreate. Well then, two people who do not want to have children should not be able to get married since it does not fit the "defination"
    KateV29

Answer by KateV29 at 11:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Good evening Jackle and thank you for typing what I was thinking. LOL!
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 12:02 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Just to clarify - i am 100% PRO-Gay marriage. voted that way, and proud to stand up for it. Am I a liberal...nope - i tend to be more conservative, i just beileve in human rights. I also beleive in a secular government.
    so please do not stereo-type ALL conservatives as bigots.
    KateV29

Answer by KateV29 at 12:02 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

_____

Good evening to you ma'am..I do what I can to not make you type so much yo.

:)
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 12:04 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• What is the difference, legally, between the rights a married couple have and the rights a couple with a civil union have? I really don't understand the differences, so this is a legitimate question. As far as I can see it's the one word, "marriage" that is causing all the debate. When people think of marriage they think of a fluffy white dress and cute babies, and this doesn't translate when it's 2 men or 2 women. That is a personal distaste, which we are all certainly entitled to for ourselves, but not to push on others. Others have religous objections to it, but everybody is also entitled to their own beliefs as to whether something is wrong or not. So aside from the religous objections and a personal distaste someone may have, why is it not allowed? Is there a legal reason?
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:08 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Why is it hate? If people had voted on slavery when it was abolished, it WOULDN'T have been. There are some things that should NOT be left up to a tiny percentage of majority, and ethics and morals are one of them.
    Depriving anyone of RIGHTS in regards to LOVE is just flat out wrong. Whether or not you agree with homosexuality is irrelevant. Plenty of people don't like Pagans being married either, the hell-bound heathens we are, and yet I just celebrated my 6th anniversary. Why is being gay any different? Oooh, it's NOT!
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 12:11 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Its funny how conservatives SAY they want LESS government, but still want them in our marriages and in womens uterus'..........Government does NOT belong there, I'll answer to God for MY decisions
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:46 AM on Apr. 30, 2009