My 15 yr Son is so mad. Any thougths

We told him that he can not go to a all night dance party. He is so mad , slamming doors and will not speak to me. When does this all stop. I am so tired of this teen crap. We told him when he is 18 and can be responsible for himself then he can go. He is a great kid and never in trouble, but I am afraid that trouble could find him if he goes to these things. His bit problem is that he always gets mad when he doesn't get his way. Any thoughts I am going out of my mind.

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 12:21 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Where is this all-night dance party going to be held at?
    When my son was that age we allowed him to go to an all-night skate party. The kids were "locked in" at the skating rink and not allowed to leave until a parent picked them up.
    If it's something like that, I wouldn't have a problem with it. You said he's a good kid and you can trust him. You're right, trouble can find them but sometimes we have to let them grow up and hope they make the right decision.
    And I don't think it ever stops ;) I'm 36 and still slams doors and not speak to anyone. He's just upset about the decision and that's normal. He'll get over it.
    Good Luck!
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:27 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Sounds like there's a girl involved. When I was 14 I was visiting my sister out of state and had a crush on a boy. My mom called me home earlier than I thought she would and I lost it. I hurt her and insulted her whole family. I said awful things and I was SO angry.

Stand your ground. And expect him to sneak out at some point :p
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:28 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• What you did is correct. He will get over it. Let it be. You made the rules and enforced them. GOOD FOR YOU.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• It is a all night dance party. They call it a Rave but it is not in my opinion because it is at a fair grounds so no under ground stuff with quite a bit of security. I just dont think that is is appropriate for a 15 yer old so I am sticking to NO. I know there are going to be drugs and stuff there at. I just don't want him to be strayed. What to do???
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 12:32 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Ok, a RAVE is a different story! NO I wouldn't allow my 15 year old to go.
    Are you the same one who posted this a week or so ago?
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:34 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Yes, and we finally had to tell him NO, he seems he is going to be mad forever. I just want to cry. It seems it is the only thing that he wants to do is Dance. Which he is pretty good at. I told him he could have a dance party at our house and it could be all night if he wants. That was not a good enough answer for him.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 12:41 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I threaten to take the door off my teen-aged daughter room! And the computer. Stand your ground,  anger don't last always.

vjoyner

Answer by vjoyner at 5:23 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• i love the idea of removing doors! i hope i remember to use that and know when to use it when my bpys get older!

i'm not saying you should do that...just reading the comments and commenting!!

but yeah, i have to agree that you did the right thing and that he will EVENTUALLY get over it.
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 5:28 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• So he is mad. He wil get over it. You could offer to host his friends at a (parentally supervised) all night party at your home - I guarantee that you are not the only mom who said no.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:24 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• GOOD FOR YOU. I wish my sister would think like you she let my 13yr nephew go to a all night party have major troubles now.
    musicm22

Answer by musicm22 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2009