best way to tighten up loose skin after having a baby?

i have 5 lbs left to loseafter having my daughter 2 months ago. i have a bit of loose skin i would like to tighten up. anyone have any good exercises or ways to tighten up the skin again? my muscle underneath is in good shape, its just that little bit of skin.

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:41 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• all u gotta do is excersice and tighten up. no tummy tuck needed
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• roflmao!! yeah, no. when you have a baby, your muscles get ripped...which means you will always have that exess flab. i have a gf that's back down to a size 3 and has skin hanging, it's nothing but skin, no fat or muscle. even her doc said the only way to get rid of it is a tummy tuck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Ha if you ever find out let me know, I have lost all of my baby weight, actually I weigh a little less now then when I got pregnant, so I have loose skin everywhere, even my butt (TMI I know), I wish it would all go away
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 12:45 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• there are exercises to tighten it up if you do it quick enough anonymous. 2 months ago, you can definitely tighten up your tummy skin.

and how in the WORLD do your muscles get RIPPED? what are you talking about?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• CUT if off.
    If you get a better answer I would love to see it because I have tried everything BUT cutting it off
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 12:50 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Um NO. There is no way to tighten up flabby skin. Just like people who diet. You can lose the weight, but not the flab. Surgery is the only option. Exercise will not help lose skin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• ok maybe ripped wasn't the right word, they get seperated, to the point they can rip.

During pregnancy, many women experience a separation of their stomach muscles. Known as diastasis recti, this condition occurs when the main abdominal muscles (called the rectus abdominus) begin to pull apart. The left and right sides of this muscle separate, leaving a gap in between.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Tummy tuck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• yeah tummy tuck, i FULLY plan on getting one once im done having kids, and a breast lift, and maybe a nose job. okay maybe not the last one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• My DR explained it to me like this: Imagine your tummy is a rubber band. The farther your stretch it the looser it gets and it will never to back to its original size. It will forever be bigger than it was originally.

Unfortunately, that's what happens to our muscles when we get pregnant :(
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 1:23 AM on Apr. 30, 2009