Frustrated with husband???

I am so frustrated with my husband. We have been together for 8 years (I was 17, he was 21) and he is a wonderful father and a great provider. He is also a great person. However he can be very cruel, hateful, and we just don't talk anymore. I try and talk to him, but he just ignores me. We have gone to couples counceling and even the councelor said that we are so different maybe we should split up. I don't want to loose my family and I do not want a divorce. But I don't know what to do anymore. I am so frustrated with being the only one that tries. I am a SAHM and he thinks I am a great mother (although he rarely says it) but he does not respect me at all. He has never cheated and would never cheat. Any advice on what to do? We have always had a rocky relationship but before it was mainly do to immaturity.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Just ask him what he wants from you in the relationship. Sometimes ppl don't tell the other what they expect from each other. What are your goals for the marriage? What are his? Where does he see y'all five, ten, fifteen years from now. Ask him if he's happy? If not, what can be done to change that? What would it take to make you happy? Sometimes folks are ok with just living together and not being close. If it's something you can deal with then maybe that's the simple answer, accept this as "life" with him.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:01 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• My man is the same way. I have been with him 9 years now. He won't talk about us. He says I yell to much. It's because he doesn't listen. My man isn't a good provider though. I make crap pay and make more than he does.

Anyway I understand. I have been thinking about cheating on him. I know that I won't but it make me feel better I guess. IDK. Works for me. Good Luck!
    lincsmom74

Answer by lincsmom74 at 1:13 AM on Apr. 30, 2009