hairstyle: what is the best for thick, wavy, and very very frizzy hair ?

I want a haircut, i have round face, lots o hair. Now it is in my shoulders, and it is getting too damage for abusing it with my flat iron, I want something that can be looks good using some product, more playing with my own texture. Advice in the products too!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I'm a cosmetologist and have thick curly hair. I have to ask a few questions though since I can't see your hair. Is it colored, is it layered, do you want it cut, if so how short, what race are you (makes a big difference is product), and what kind of texture are you looking for? You can either p.m. or I'll try to check back here when I can get a chance.

80s pink

babymomma0306

Answer by babymomma0306 at 3:07 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Not sure how you should cut it but try this website it might help with some new styles and colors, and for the products I would just recommend a great conditioner and use lots of it! Just not to much at the roots or it will look greasy....

www.DailyMakeover.com
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 9:54 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I have very thick/wavy hair and have the same problem. Its hard to grow long because it gets too damaged from the flat iron. I liked my hair short, pixie style. It was really cute and so easy, but I let it grow in. If you want it long, I suggest not washing every day, but keeping it to 2 - 3 times a week and get a natural bristle brush. Brush your hair every day, work with your waves instead of having to have it straight. The natural bristles will smooth the frizz. No one understands my hair.... not one hair dresser I have ever gone to can get it right. These are the things that have worked best for me.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:00 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I would trim the dead/damaged parts off, then use some good quality products to smooth out the frizzy's. You have to use product if you have curls or they will be frizzy! Use stuff like creams, just a dab till you figure out how much you need.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I have the same kind of hair and I use Sleek Look shampoo and conditioner. A good blowdryer works wonders too - makes a big difference - I paid $180 for mine (Babyliss). I love it! Hope this helps!
    madsmom11597

Answer by madsmom11597 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• hmmm...my SIL has that problem, she gets her's thinned out and after that, idk what else she uses as hair products
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:36 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I dont know how you feel about chemicals on your hair but you can get it relaxed with a relaxer. Its like a perm except it straightens it permanently, you would have to get it done every 6-8 weeks on your new growth after but its better than having it straightened everyday!!
    ladybug.ky88

Answer by ladybug.ky88 at 1:03 AM on May. 1, 2009