Please help

I asked how I could make my contractions get closer together so this won't go on for days... I was told to walk and have sex... I walked around my block... which is pretty big... my question is how much walking do you need to do to make a difference? I mean my stomach got really hard, and the contractions feel stronger, but can that be enough or should I walk some more. It takes about 20 minutes to walk around my block if you walk the whole time without stopping.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Walking I heard doesn't help you go in to labor any sooner. It just help make labor easier.
    Mommy2Be172009

Answer by Mommy2Be172009 at 1:29 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• For 3 hours, 20 min, and 5 seconds. And you have to walk 5 miles in total...only in circles
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Well some people sure are rude
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• ...sex only ever worked for me.. I had a quicky with my husband before i went in to be induced to have my middle daughter.. and I went into labor while gettin' my shoes on! Even though I walked and walked and walk.. and nothin!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Walking for a half hour sped my labor up. Before walking my contractions had slowed and I had stopped dilating, but a brisk walk around the hospital made my labor pick up and I dilated another 2 cm.

As frustrating as it is, sometimes nothing will work and you just have to let your labor happen the way it wants.

Good luck!
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 1:48 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Walking will not make you go into labor. Walking while you are actually in labor promotes more comfort for mom and allows gravity to do its thing.
    jen1350

Answer by jen1350 at 5:45 AM on Apr. 30, 2009