A sexual organ question (so you dont have to open it if you dont like TMI)

Its been a few months since I had the baby and my SO has been gone the whole time so no "boomboom" I finally go a good urge to masterbate and now that I have I started bleeding. It doesnt seem to be from a rip or tear (those normally burn for me) Did this happen to anyone else? Is it normal? I am going to the OBGYN for a pap and BC on monday (5days), should just monitor and bring it up then?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Health

• I don't think that does sound normal. I would definitely tell your doctor about it. Was it around the time of your period? Dont stress about it you could be just fine. That didn't happen to though. Tell your doctor about it. It is probably better than you experienced that alone than with your man that may have been embarrassing.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 1:38 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I don't think it's an emergency if the bleeding is light, but if it's not a cut or tear it could be an infection. I had a vaginosis while I was pregnant that caused light bleeding. It could also be the beginning of a period, they get pretty irregular as your hormones go back to normal.

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 1:37 AM on Apr. 30, 2009