Why cant a woman be proud of the changes in her body after a baby?

HelloKitty86

Asked by HelloKitty86 at 1:24 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Not all women are the same, that's why
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• i know you got this from me, but i love my body after baby, just not the extra flap of skin i have! my boobs didnt go saggy but its only been one baby, im sure after im done they will be to my knees thats why i said i was going to get a breast lift ;]
    Anonymous

• be proud of vericose veins stretch marks flabby skin extra weight? lol no thanks. i would like to look good. i can be proud of my baby with MY BABY.... not these marks i got all over. not saying im pissed off about it and that it wasnt expected, but it feels good to look nice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I wasn't happy about what happend to my body after having kids, but I feel it was worth every streth mark and a bit of saggy boobs.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:29 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I'm proud of every single stretch mark (and I have a lot of them) and every extra pound and every little nuance that wasn't there before. I'm proud because my body did something amazing and those things are the proof. I'm with the OP, I don't understand why we think that those things are ugly in this culture. Perfection is boring, I like my amazing, wonderful mommy body WAY better than I liked my previous body. I'm much more confident now :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:45 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• My husband told me that my stretch marks make me sexy because they show I'm a real woman and the mother of his kids! I told him that was sweet but he doesn't have to lie *LMAO*!!! Yeah, and he likes the fact the after breast feeding my boobs stayed big ;-) I have found that although my stomach hangs (I"m only 5'4" and had two over 9lb babies so I got stretched out big time) and I have stretch marks from my boobs to my va jay jay, I'm happier then before because I have two awesome kids and I'm a mommy, something I really wanted to be for a long time. I could use a good push-up bra though. I figure since my sex life is far from lacking and I still get hit on sometimes I must not be to awful to look at *LOL*!!!

pregnant belly

babymomma0306

Answer by babymomma0306 at 2:41 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Because us women are funny like that!!!! The media is doing it to us!!! Maybe its because models, movie stars, etc... look excellent no matter what (with the help of doctors and airbrushing and photo shop~ which NOBODY ever mentions) but they appear be 'perfect' every mans dream... with no stretch marks, saggy butts, soft boobs, a kangaroo pouch, and all that after baby stuff... so we are expected to look like super models even after having a baby... dumb I know! I am one of these women that HATES her body after having a baby!!!! I used to be a model (locally) and then I had 2 kids... and my body shows it!!! LOL I wish that I would LOVE my body, but I dont, I cant even take a compliment, its that bad!!! I punish myself for having this body... I havent worn shorts, skirts, dresses or a swim suit in 5 years!!! Ugh!!!! Sad I know!!! I need help!!!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:32 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• dont get me wrong... I TOTALLY LOVE my kids... They are beyond worth it!!!! Its just gonna take some MOTIVATION to get into a comfortable body again!!!! Im glad in ways that I gained all this weight, because I have actually realized how NUTS I WAS before when I thought that I was fat at 120 LBS and 5'8 !!! Now when I talk about my weight, people ask what WEIGHT I want to be at... my response is... .I dont care what WEIGHT I am... I just want to be toned and feel better about myself!!!! :) I just need some motivation... aka... sunny days!!! I tend to have more motivation on sunny days!!!! :) This summer I am going to get into a swim suit!!!! LOL
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:39 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• The only thing I am happy about my body is my DD's other than that I could do without the flabby belly but I guess that is what they make lypo and tummy tucks for!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:08 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• For me, it's the flabby skin that is still on my stomach. I'm happy with everything else. My stretch marks are sort of noticable, but not really. I was extremely disappointed with how long it took for me to get to the point where I liked my body again. My son is 11 months and I think it's only been about 3 months where I feel good and sexy again. My DH loves my body, no matter what, so that helps too :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:36 AM on Apr. 30, 2009