How can I get stains out of my Fuzzi Bunz inserts (the microterry ones)?

I've tried laying them out in the sun, and it helps a little, but there is no sun around here right now.

When I first got them, before I learned what I know about cloth diapering, I would inspect the inserts before drying them, and the ones with stains (usually my breastfed daughters) would soak in borax and water for a few hours and be good as new. I read somewhere that borax is bad for cloth diapers though...Is that the whole diaper or bad for just the inserts too?

chelsea_renee

Asked by chelsea_renee at 1:32 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I recommend trying to soak with either one-fourth cup vinegar or baking soda in water. Although you've probably already tried that. I've read a lot about sun drying them to remove stains (which apparently works very well, but this is Washington..)
    amymarie0315

Answer by amymarie0315 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Borax is harsh. I don't know if it would affect the staining of the fabric, though.

I have those inserts too and I haven't had any staining problems. But I have different expectations. Poop stains. I expect for them to not be pure white forever.

If it really bothers you I guess you could bleach it, but that is definately a harmful substance to the fabric as well as your baby's skin. Maybe try a deep clean with oxyclean baby and then sun dry? That might do the trick.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:41 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Have you tried "Shout Advanced Gel"? For set in stains. I am in love with this product! I still have not found a stain that this can't get out! All of Mya's clothes look brand new because I treat them everytime before I wash them. Poop, formula, blood, it get out everything! I bought some used clothes on-line and they came with set in stains, I sprayed shout on them let them sit for a day and they came out of the wash looking brand new!!
    teresa1970

Answer by teresa1970 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 30, 2009