Anxiety

I have had HORRIBLE anxiety problems for the last 5 years. So bad, my hands have locked up from hyperventiliation, and ha to be hospitalized. I was taking Ativan, and Klonopin multiple times a day to control these panic attacks (long car rides, meetings, large groups, waiting rooms, u name it I freaked out) Now i am 16 weeks pregnant, and do not take any of my medication because they are all narcotic, and quit smoking. But my panic attacks have become extremly difficult to handle, especially since this is my first child, I have had them more frequently because of all the stress and what ifs... I am 3000 miles away from my fiance right now and that really doesnt help either :( Does anyone have experience with this? and any suggestions? home remedies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have some experience with this. The best thing you can do is talk this over with your doctor----some of the medication can be taken while pregnant--but only your doctor can tell you which ones and how much you can take. Even the "all natural" ones you can get over the counter may have side effects that might hurt your baby. The best answer is to talk to your doctor.
    Please feel free to message me!!!
    kgck_momma

Answer by kgck_momma at 2:46 AM on Apr. 30, 2009