what would YOU do?

i friended an jr high school friend on facebook (we're both 21 now) and you know we would talk from time to time.... he knows im married with a baby. well today he just admitted to me that he has been in love with me since 8th grade and hes still in love with me, even though he has had the same girlfriend for 4 and a half years.....

im not sure what to say as im positive hes not in love with me just the idea of me. what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• I would tell him to grow up and and piss off.
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 6:56 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Honestly, delete him as a friend and never speak to him again. If you don't your just asking for problems!
    kgck_momma

Answer by kgck_momma at 2:55 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Tell him..."Well it's a little too late to tell me that now. You have a girlfriend and I have a husband."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• If he has a girlfriend for 4 years, he isnt in love with you... maybe he is having problems in his relationship and seeks a bed buddy... who knows!? Tell him that you are happily married and delete him from your friends list... what kind of friend would walk into your life years later, when you are married and have a baby- and then tell you, oh hey by the way, I was in love with you since 8th grade but I never had enough guts to tell you until now... his loss! Boot him!!!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:07 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• yeah i dont know wtf he was thinking telling me that. im not going to DELETE him per say but im not going to talk to him ever again either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• what a scrub!
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 5:46 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• That's facebook/myspace for you...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:47 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Sorry to be glib, but do you really know this person in "real life"? If not, this is like asking what to do with all the dead bodies you wracked up on "Grand Theft Auto". Facebook (and all the other cyberspace communities) can be great social outlets, but a relationship that involves "falling in love" over the computer is merely an ersatz experience and has little to no resemblance to real life, and the feelings are as you said, just an idea. What would I do? There isn't much to do....there is really nothing there. If you want to keep the contact, let you significant other know, but it's probably time for your pal to grow up and work on his "real" relationship, and stop pretending that YOU are his shot at true love.
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 8:27 AM on Apr. 30, 2009