is your child better around other people?

i have this friend who has a 3 year old daughter who i have witnessed is a TERROR towards my friend (she screams and throws tantrums) but when its just me and her shes a little delight! when my 1 year old son has company over hes a good boy but if i leave him with a baby sitter he sits by the door and cries until i come home!

what makes children act this way? hehe

pookipoo

Asked by pookipoo at 3:11 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• People really should think before they type!

It is a comfort zone thing!!! Not a Spoiled Brat issue.
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 11:25 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Lots of kids are worse for their moms and dads. Usually because they always get what they want. In other words- They are spoiled brats!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• my kid is is great when its just him and i hes quiet plays plays with me cuddles. as soon as someone comes over he runs wild and hardly listens, its crazy. and annoying im doing everything i can to stop it but so far nothing has really worked. he will scream for no reason at all, its always when someone is here. once in a while he will be good but more no then other. hes still polite to everyone just asks crazy.. but if someone takes him hes good and listens but if its me and a friend talken... nope. so when hes alone with anyone hes good its crazy.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:19 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I think they are just more willing to "test their boundaries" with mom and dad versus someone else. My daughter will be excellent at school. I'll watch her in the classroom and she is completely compliant, quiet, easy going, sweet...by the time I get her to the car, the whining has commenced.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:29 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Lots of kids behave "worse" for mom/dad because that's where they are comfortable and secure. They know that whatever they do, however bad they behave, mom/dad will still love them. Whereas with strangers or friends that they aren't around as much, it's not such a clear-cut deal. Lots of kids can behave really well for others, but they hold themselves in check and when they get back with mom/dad, they let themselves go - it's their little stress release. It can actually be a positive sign of their relationship with their parent and NOT an indicator that they are spoiled. It's natural to be secure enough around mom/dad to test the boundaries.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 9:46 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I believe it is because they are in their comfort zone with their parents. It is easier to act out where you feel safe and loved rather than not. We see this in preschool all the time. It is not an indicator that the child is a spoiled brat. They will be angels for us all day but the minute the parent hits the door boom they turn into screaming demons. This is a normal occurance.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:09 AM on Apr. 30, 2009