Do I sound like an attention wh*re? Could this be the reason why I can't make a relationship work with someone I love?

It seems like everytime we break up, I go out and hope that someone can fill that loneliness by flirting with me...it makes me sleep good and I can't stop thinking about it after it is all said and done. It makes him mad when I do it, I know he is going to get mad but I do it anyways. As soon as I am single, I look for it. He brought this up to night and it's really got me thinking about it. If I am, what can I do to make it stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Health

• I don't do anything with the dudes, I just like when they flirt with me. It makes me feel special.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• You need to call Dr. Drew
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Well it depends really why do you do it, are you hoping he will notice... If no matter wht you do he you guys are broken up he would never know, would you do it anyway? If not then maybe you are trying to show hime thast other people are interested in order to try to get the relationship back and hopefully that same kinda newness or attention that you got that drew you to hime in the first place, maybe you are an attention needy person... I am too... but I have found that the best kind of loving attention I can possibly get I can find with in my children when my husband and I broke up... I liked being held b/c I felt like my whole world wasn't coming apart and it took me a very long time to realize that at the end of the night when I came home I felt low and like I wasn't being a good role model at all so the attention felt good but ppl. close to me pointed out ... what I am searching for I wasn't going to find out there.
    SeXxYmOmMiE26

Answer by SeXxYmOmMiE26 at 4:05 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I had to search very hard and deal with the pain instead of replacing it with false feelings... At the end of the da no matter who, no matter what... it wasn't him and it wasn't the same... Figure out what part of the attention you crave and why.... pay attention to circumstances as well as contributing factors, if you are bi-polar for instance cirtain things are more than likely traits to your disorder, if you have certain hysteria related disorders self centeredness( i know thats probably not the correct way to say it but you know what I mean, hopefully:) plays a roll , if you are fortunate to not suffer from a medical or mental factor then figure out what you're really looking for , and when you finally do... tell him this is the reason I feel I am doing this... this is what I am really in need of from you and while it is something that you feel you may need he may not be able to give so comprimise is best to find a medium
    SeXxYmOmMiE26

Answer by SeXxYmOmMiE26 at 4:11 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• if it making you feel better means feeling attractive to other men, you need to figure out why you need someone to find you sexually attractive in order to feel good about yourself. you should seek therapy. i swear, i always tell people to get therapy because WE ARE ALL SO FUCKED UP!! no joke..
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 5:41 AM on Apr. 30, 2009