• In the Spotlight:

Why is it so hard to control a eating disorder?

I gained exactly 100 pounds when pregnant with my 5 year old. I had trouble getting the weight off after i decided to use the shot as a form of birth control. I then got pregnent about 2years after my 5 year old and made a bad choice with that and aborted i gained 20 pounds after that then did the same stupid thing like 6 months later. I hate myself for that!! Anyways 5 years later i have a new baby boy and gained 77 pounds. I lost about 38 pounds after my first and none after my second i weigh 300 pounds now and im 24 years old!!! i have no motivation i feel like im always being starred at. I am hurt i dont like the way i look, and im so scared to walk outside ,or go to the gym. I hate my apperance can someone out there help me? I know im not the only one. ive also noticed lately that my boyfriend of 7 years, the father of all my children hasnt looked at me the same. He come from a family of all small framed people.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I went from 124 lbs to 256 with my first son. After much research on dieting, I decided to make a LIFESTYLE change and not diet. The first thing I did was take herb pills..body cleanse, it helped me get off of soda without all the withdrawals.  I started drinking water, lots of it, cardio for 30 mins a day (I did 10 mins 3x a day), and changed my eating pattern.  I ate mini meals every 3 hours.  I measured food for a week to learn portion size, ate more vegs and fruits, and I ate whatever I wanted.  If I wanted fries, then I ate them but I had to take away something else I was going to eat.  It really isn't what you eat, it is how much.  I rewarded myself once a week.  I also joined sparkspeople.com which helped.  With all these changes I went from a size 16 to a 10 in 3 months.  Good luck to you.

Dani32

Answer by Dani32 at 4:34 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• girl you need to cheer up! I know how you feel- I went from being this 110 lb car model 7 years ago to a 225lb mother! I gained 100 lbs with my first child, which was a huge let down, but my kids are worth it! you just gotta get some motivation! I actually ended up going to CURVES- have you heard of them? Its a GREAT place! I hated the gym, because you always feel like everyone is starring at you... there are always those skinny little women that you just wanna kick. (lol) I went to curves, where there are other women with our same problem, I felt like I was with a group of friends and I got along with everyone!!! You should try it out! Its great!!!! OR you can try at home work outs... dont do it to get your mans attention, do it for yourself!!!! You can always message me for advice or whatever, I will support you girl cause I know you can do it! In one year at curves I lost 65 lbs... and I felt great!!!! You can do it girl!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 5:04 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• also sparkpeople.com is awesome!!!!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 5:17 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I don't feel I can relate to your problem but I just wanted to tell you that I KNOW you can do it!
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 5:29 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• GL you can do it.. Thats all i wanted to say.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:43 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Doing SOMETHING is better than doing NOTHING!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:23 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• These ladies have given you some excellent advice. I just wanted to say that you are not alone. I know exactly how you feel, I feel very similar to you right now. I currently weigh 202lbs after having my son (Jun08). I too feel very bad about this and about my appearance in general but I am just trying to stay encouraged and like the PP said do something rather than nothing. Don't worry about what people may think or how someone may look at you. Get out there and do what is best for you. Work it out! and be an inspiration to another mother that wants to do the same thing but is afraid just like you. Good Luck and You CAN DO IT!
    PrayzAlphaOmega

Answer by PrayzAlphaOmega at 7:20 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• CHEER - UP!!! You can do anything you put your mind too. Hugs to you. :)
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 7:51 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I'm in the same boat as ya'll! I got pregnant at 18 and weighed only 120 on a bad day...gained 20 pounds durign my pregnancy and lost it all quick! One year later I got prego again and lost the baby. My doctor put me on the Depo Shot and I gained over 100 pounds and went into perimenopause! It sucked! Anyway, I was never able to lose the weight. I has lost about 10 pounds when I became pregnant with my son and gained another 60 pounds on top of all of the other. I became very depressed and suicidal. Now 4 years later, I still haven't lost the weight. I am currently at 208lbs and have tried everything to lose it. I have become so desperate to lose the weight that I am now considering the Lap Band System. I don't want to go that route but feel I have no other choice. I recently bought the Wii Fit and am going to try it out since it makes working out fun!! Hopefully it'll work out! Good Luck to you in your daily challenges!!!
    mommasangel1999

Answer by mommasangel1999 at 8:12 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I did weight watchers and it worked great for me. I still was able to each what I wanted to just in smaller portions. It was rather easy for me and I lost anywhere from 5-9 lb per week and never really exercised. I lost a total of 59 lbs.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 8:24 AM on Apr. 30, 2009