is it ok to get in a hottub?

Me and my husband are going to take the kids to the town pool this weekend for the first time this summer and it has a hot tub i love hot tubs. I am 14 weeks would it be ok for me to get in for only like 5 min just to relax. I have been pregnant before but was never never a hot tub so never thought about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Unfortunately no you can't. But you can at least stick your feet in, just leave if you get to warm.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 5:09 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• yes you can.... i asked my dr when i was pregnant and he said yes just not long at all and if you feel hot to get out and cool off and drink some water.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:11 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• you can get in but the problem is if you like really hot water, you can't properly determine if the water is too hot to decide when you should get out. every professional i have spoken to says stay out of hot tubs. why risk it?
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 5:17 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I went in a hot tub when i was 12 weeks along and i was in the tub maybe 5 mins and i stepped out and went to go out of the room to get something to drink and fell the next thing i remember i was at the hospetel on IV's and felt like crap for a few days so, hot tubs when your preggo don't risk it it's not worth the 5 mins to relax, my child is way to important.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:01 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I was told the same as MomNbabyGirl009. But I didn't want to risk it. I always just put my legs in for a few minutes.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 8:12 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• The water has to be like ur body temperature or lower to get in,
    Anonymous

• Water has to be under 100 degrees, and don't go in for more than 20 minutes at a time, if that. If you have problems with high blood pressure, do NOT go in. According to my doctor, hottub use is just FINE if done in moderation. The only reason I don't use it is because I get overheated easily anyway, and I don't want to have to deal with nausea and faintness from that on TOP of the pregnancy symptoms. xD
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 7:39 AM on May. 7, 2009