i have 3 weeks left and i keep getting cramps and a achy back.... 30secs every 8-10 mins sometimes longer is this contractions of false or real labor?

my aching back is killing me ughhhhh

SofiyaMomOf2

Asked by SofiyaMomOf2 at 5:01 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Honestly, I can't tell for myself sometimes if it's the real thing or not so there's on way I can accurately tell you. What I will suggest is taking a warm shower, drinking a big glass of cold water and lay down on your left side. These things increase blood flow to your uterus. Sometimes the contractions you feel are really just your uterus being cranky. If the "aches" get longer, stronger and closer together...then yeah, it's probably the real thing.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 12:32 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• The only way to know if it is real or if it is false is if the contractions stop.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 5:05 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• You know that saying "Go hard or go home"? Labor is like that. If you don't look and feel like an athlete in real pain during a contraction with your head flopping around and your mouth open and moaning and breathing, it isn't time yet!!!
    jen1350

Answer by jen1350 at 5:38 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Does it start from your back and move to your stomach or does it start at your stomach and radiate to your back? Reason being is real contractions start at your back and radiate forward. If that is what you're having then wait till they are closer apart, like with 5 minutes. Keep tracking them like you're doing. Keep us posted on delivery and baby stuff. We love that here.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 7:34 AM on Apr. 30, 2009