Honestly....?

On a scale of 1-10 how scared were you with your first pregnancy/baby? (about the birth,health etc...)

Mommy2be180

Asked by Mommy2be180 at 6:52 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 10
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:58 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• 10
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 6:59 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• 10

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:11 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• ok, so its not only me! *phew* i am so scared, i just want a happy healthy baby!!
    Mommy2be180

Answer by Mommy2be180 at 7:14 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• yeah I think that the scale should go to like a million. I think we fear the things that we don't know that are comming if that make any sense. I think that I was scared the most because I was not around any friends and family for my first pregnancy. I did not feel like I had any support. But that was just my experiance.
    rachel0226

Answer by rachel0226 at 7:25 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• The fear got worse after having my first because I new what I was in for, (my births after that..... :)
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 7:34 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• 12. Wait. Can we put a number beyond 10? Is that OK?

I was more scared since I was high risk, first pregnancy, cancer survivor and had emergency c-section and a beautiful son born with a surfactant deficiency. He was born dying but luckily doctors found what was wrong and through 3 weeks of NICU he came home and thrived. He will be 8 in June.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 7:36 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• 8. I guess I am a little out of the norm. I was scared with my first because it was all so new and didn't know what to expect. But at each of my appointments I had an ultrasound and I guess that isn't normal either. My doctor did an ultrasound everytime to make sure the baby was developing healthy and there weren't any problems so that put me at ease a bit. And I had the same Dr. for my second child too. I would say 6.5 for my second birth. I was terrified of having a c-section both times or I would have given a lower number.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 8:01 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I would say about a 7 ... I wasn't super worried, but I had 3 phases :)

Phase 1: Miscarrying
    Phase 2: Baby not developing properly
    Phase 3: Going into pre-term labor

I didn't freak out about it though, all my doctors appointments were great. I wasn't even really scared during the labor, up until I was being rolled back for the csection! :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 8:59 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I'm definitely in the minority on this one. I would say probably somewhere around 5-7. My grandma had seven kids with no pregnancy problems and my mom and her two sisters all had healthy uneventful pregnancies, so unless something happens that would make me worry, I haven't been all that stressed out. If I do start bleeding or cramping or something like that, I'm sure I'll go to 10 in a big hurry, but I'm healthy and all my appointments have gone well, so I'm not going to sit around worrying about what could happen. The biggest thing I am worried about is the actual labor. At the beginning I was a little concerned about toxoplasmosis because I had eaten venison but after doing some research on the CDC website and talking to my mom and my MIL, I stopped worrying.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:48 AM on Apr. 30, 2009