is it possible for the baby to move around durring a contraction?

i think i might be having contractions, my belly tightens up and i feel kinda like pressure in my vaginal area, but in between the baby is moving around alot, and a few times when my belly feels tight. is it contractions or what?

jak89

Asked by jak89 at 7:32 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your lil monkey could be moving around during contractions to get ready to be face down in the canal. Always a possibility. But contractions do compress the placenta over and over till the next contraction so yes, baby could be moving.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 7:38 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Since your baby is moving the contractions pay attention: sometimes frantic movement occurs(not trying to concern but inform), or suddenly stops call ob, baby could be in distress. If you pay attention you will be able to tell; something will just "tell" its not right. But baby's can and do move durring contractions because the contractions help push the baby into the birth canal and the baby has to shift ect. Good luck and God bless!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 7:47 AM on Apr. 30, 2009