i wont kiss my kids on the lips

my kids hate it went i wont kiss them on the lips but i dont want to they go to school and you never know what they can get or have.

lienna

Asked by lienna at 7:58 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• that is your prerogative... I have never been comfortable with kissing people on the lips that aren't my SO. My Mom and sister always have kissed EVERYONE on the lips! My Mom passed away, but before she died she taught my son to kiss her on the lips. For a while afterwards every time he would want to kiss me on the lips, it would remind me of my mom in an endearing way, but slowly I have retaught him to kiss me on the cheek because I just don't like it.

I wouldn't let your kids make you feel bad about the lip-kiss thing. If you are not comfortable with that, its understandable. Just let them give you a peck on the cheek.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:05 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Thanks veronicalee now i don't feel as bad, and i agree these lips are for my hubby.
    lienna

Answer by lienna at 8:20 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I'm not really that bothered by it 'cause the way I look at it, more then likely, if it's bad enough, I'll get it anyway. But if you don't fell comfy with it, you don't have to. It's your business. I'm not about to tell ANYONE how they HAVE to raise their kid/s.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:40 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• If its a germ thing, then I get you. I will kiss my kids on the lips until they are about 4 or 5 and then they get embarrased by it, so we stop. My 3 yr old is fair game!! Hes also with me all day so we basically have the same germs. We go everywhere together.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:45 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• When I was little my parents never kissed me on my lips but I would see my cousins get kissed on the lips and would think that was crazy like only adults kiss on the lips, but now that I have my own kids I kiss them on the lips and thery kiss me too. I guess it is people's perference.

I love it one little peck is not going to hurt it is not like we kiss for along time on the lips just a quick peck that is all. They don't seem to mind unless we are in public.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:05 AM on Apr. 30, 2009