thats the price for rental insurence...really.

i just got a quote its 268.00 for the year. to cover every room in my house all our property and clothes toys t.vs funiture. everything. they said i will get 5,000 for each room to replace if something happend. we have a woodstove and twice this winter we had a scare and our neighbores ( dulex) has a woodstove and we had to tell them they were burning the wrong wood. it makes us nervouse so we looked into renters insurence. and i thought it would be more. do any of you have renters insurence what kind how much.....

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 8:08 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• We pay $337.12 a year (USAA). If something happens we will get $100,000.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 8:14 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• we did awhile back and we had a storm one time that knocked a limb down on our house and did damage and the insurance wouldnt cover it cuz it was an act of god. then when we were renting another house. we had a flood and alot of my stuff in the basement got ruined and it wouldnt cover it cuz it was an act of god. god really pisses me off sometimes. lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:16 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• avitatior whats up chick
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:17 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• LOL Jodi! I am getting ready to go to bed...or at least try.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 8:18 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I pay monthly. Its bundled with my Car insurance. With State Farm I am paying roughly $18 a month for $30,000 renters insurance coverage.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:28 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Before we bought our home, my hubby and I only paid $175 for the year from State Farm
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 10:47 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I looked into geico for renters insurance... 20something dollars a month with a $26 deposit for $10,000 of coverage. That seems really expensive to me... also considering we dont have very many expensive items in our house.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• With Geico, we are paying $18 a month for 50k worth of renters insurance. And it covers a separate storage unit as well
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I have to add that the only thing ours doesn't cover is flood insurance. If we want that, we have to buy it separately.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:19 PM on Apr. 30, 2009