Do you reuse your cooking oil?

My mom used to do this when she cooked and I do it as well. Except for fish grease of course.

diamondmamma

Asked by diamondmamma at 8:42 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• hell yeah! oil doesn't flow freely from the faucets or grow on trees ;-)
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 8:44 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• yes i do
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:43 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• in mmy deep fryer yes but i do clean it out and add new oil every so ofter when it takes longer for the oil to heat up u know its time to clean it out.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:44 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Up to 3x's
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 8:45 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I do, but its funny. I never knew people kept cooking oil around (like in a pot) before I met my boyfriend. One night he asked if we could have some friend shrimp, and he was baffled when I got out a frying pan! My mom never did that, so I had no idea!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:48 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Yes I do. I try to wait for it to cool then pour it in a container. I don't fry food much though. I dont want oil sitting in a pan till the next time I use it.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:52 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I do if there's not alot of leftovers in it... like the little crumblies. If so, it goes in the trash.
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 9:33 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I do in the deep fryer about three times unless I do shrip or fish in it then I change it as soon as it hardens. My southern family members save bacon grease to make other things with later.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:46 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Not really, sometimes in the electric skillet
    Yeah I'm wasteful shame on me
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 9:50 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Yes. If I fry chicken or pork chops, I'll pour out most of the grease and make fried gravy with the crunchy stuff in the bottom. MMM!!! I don't save the vegetable oil if I use that, but I save lard/shortening and bacon grease, and use it a second time.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:59 AM on Apr. 30, 2009