what would you do?

Say you grew up away from your father's family for your life, your now 23. About two weeks ago you started talking to a male over the phone and you felt like you could tell him anything. You find out he is your first cousin. One night you dream of him and the two of you share some kind of relationship and you kiss and are basically in love but you know you and him are related in the dream, like that didnt matter. Haven't met him in person yet, remember that you didnt grow up together and just learned about each other. What would you do? Would you just see where it went?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• No. Be friends.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:03 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• First cousins would be a no no.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:03 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• No, he's still family. It would cause problems eventually
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Sorry, I'd steer clear of that one. If you two do fall madly in love and decide to get married, imagine the hassle of planning THAT wedding?

"Can we invite Aunt Gerdy?"
    "No, she'd totally make a scene about us being related."
    "What about Grandma Kate?"
    "She's on Gerdy's side."

Yeah..you can see where this is going.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 9:05 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Don't care if I never knew him you now know he is your second cousin and imo, that's a sick no no.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• First cousin** pardon me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• really sweetie...the reason you two get a long so well is because of the family ties...within families you pass down moral, ethics and codes between the intermarriages from both sides...so that explains the close feeling you have. Any cousin/family member is a no-no, even if you were not raised next door to them! You knew that answer before you asked it...you were just want to find someome to tell you it was ok. Its not..so stop fantisizing! There are so many others out there, look a little hard...than your own back door step....really!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• apparently you dont understand......we didnt know we were related until after we were talking for a few weeks. I'm 23. Never knew about him because i don't know anything about my fathers family. trust me...i wish this wasnt happening but can you honestly say you have control over who you fall in love with, or who you have a spark for....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• In many states dating first cousins is allowed so pursue it for now but just take it slow. It might just be your desire to be wanted by someone from that side of the family. That "wanted" can mean many things at different times of a relationship. I met a guy online that turned out to be kin. Our grandfathers were brothers. At first it was a hoot and we bonded quickly. In time I realized other than blood we have nothing in common so are just friends now. I also had a crush on a first cousin (as an adult). I used to have intimate thoughts about being with him but again, over time they stopped and we're just close now, no more thoughts of more. Give it time. The newness is exciting. Don't let it get away from you and do something you may regret one day. Then again, if it works out then more power to you. Find happiness whereever you can!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:20 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I don't care if you knew you were related or not. You know now so...NO.
    jspy72

Answer by jspy72 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 30, 2009