heavy menstraul cycle after breastfeeding?

I have had my first menstraul cycle since having my son 10 and 1/2 months ago. I have been breast feeding so haven't had one in a while and this one has been very painful when i never suffered from cramping before( feels like cramps I had right after labor when i nursed), and is extremly heavy thank god i have the pads from the hospital.Is this normal with breastfeeding ?

bri1227

Asked by bri1227 at 9:05 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Health

• I was breastfeeding when I started my period 5 weeks(!!) after giving birth. It was awful and i thought something was wrong due the heavy bleeding and horrible cramping. I also wasn't expecting my period so soon, esp because I was breastfeeding. I went in for my 6 week check up and the gyn confirmed it was my period. I think it is normal, but if you are worried, call the gyn.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 9:39 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I didn't get mine till about 13 months after giving birth and breastfeeding. It was alot heavier.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Apr. 30, 2009