Any ideas?

My 8mth old wasnt waking for a bottle in the night anymore now he wakes up almost every morning around 3am and wants a bottle, he gets a bottle before bed and goes to sleep usually between 9 and 10.I would like to cut out that 3 am stuff any ideas or suggestions?

skeeter1970

Asked by skeeter1970 at 9:07 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he has a bottle right before bed, and he's going to bed that late (sorry, that seems late for me for an 8 month old) he should be fine till he wakes in the morning. Try soothing him, rocking or patting him back to sleep when he gets up. Sometimes, they just need to feel you are there. Does he take a pacifier?
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:10 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Best I can think of is to let him sit there and cry until he falls back asleep. I am actually dealing with this problem and my daughter turns 3 in October. I have gone this entire time, getting her drinks in the middle of the night, because I'd rather do that than listen to her cry for a half hour. It's actually less loss of sleep for me to simply get up & get a sippy cup. Ugh. So I feel your pain. I'm planning to try and raise my son (that I'm pregnant with) differently. Otherwise, I'll be doing this crap for four more years!
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 9:12 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Yes he takes a paci, and it use to be all he needed in the middle of the night, I dont know he just wont relax unless I feed him its been about a week or so since he has been doing this. I really dont want this to become a new schedule
    skeeter1970

Answer by skeeter1970 at 9:19 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• It could be a growth spurt or it could just be your child wants to feed. Go with it, I am sure it wont last for too long.

It isnt about your needs or wants to get rid of his extra feed it is our HIS NEEDS..so just feed him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I agree with anon...most likely a growth spurt and his body needs the extra nutrients. I would just hand him his bottle and leave, no interaction other then giving him his bottle. If in a week or two he is still wanting it, change the bottle to water, he'll loose interest..eventually.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:44 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I would give him a bottle eariler in the evening and then he won't associate it with bedtime, I would give him cereal before bed so he has something to stick to his ribs better.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:32 PM on Apr. 30, 2009