I just got an e-amil from my mother in law, do you agree?

A chemistry professor in a large college had some exchange students in the class. One day while the class was in the lab the Professor noticed one young man (exchange student) who kept rubbing his back, and stretching as if his back hurt. The professor asked the young man what was the matter. The student told him he had a bullet lodged in his back. He had been shot while fighting communists in his native country who were trying to overthrow his country's government and install a new communist government.In the midst of his story he looked at the professor and asked a strange question. He asked, 'Do you know how to catch wild pigs?' The professor thought it was a joke and asked for the
punch line. The young man said this was no joke. 'You
catch wild pigs by finding a suitable place in the woods and
putting corn on the ground. The pigs find it and begin to
come everyday to eat the free corn. (...continued...)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, I believe it to a degree. I would hope that the American public is too smart to let that happen, however the responses so far are proving me very wrong. That makes me sad.

I guess I will have to stop eating corn ;oP
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:19 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• ...When they are used to coming every day, you put a fence down one side of the place where they are used to coming. When they get used to the fence, they begin to eat the corn again and you put up another side of the fence. They get used to that and start to eat again. You continue until you have all four sides of the fence up with a gate in The last side. The pigs, who are used to the free corn, start to come through the gate to eat, you slam the gate on them and catch the whole herd. Suddenly the wild pigs have lost their freedom. They run around and around inside the fence, bu t they are caught. Soon they go back to eating the free corn. They are so used to it that they have forgotten how to forage in the woods for themselves, so they accept their captivity.
    The young man then told the professor that is exactly what he sees happening to America . The government keeps pushing us toward socialism......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• .....and keeps spreading the free corn out in the form of programs such as supplemental income, tax credit for unearned income, tobacco subsidies, dairy subsidies, payments not to plant crops (CRP), welfare, medicine, drugs, etc.. While we continually lose our freedoms -- just a little at a time. "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Do you think that this is Exactly what is happening?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• No I don't. In this time in age everybody is scared of certain things and make the situation seem worse then it really is....
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:39 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Sorry most communist countries even don't grow the corn.And do you understand difference between communism and socialism?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• No, I don't believe that this is what is happening. Also, socialism & communism are two (even if cloesly related) different things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Not sure OP- though I do want to say I love the quote at the end. One of my favorites.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:43 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• That is exactly what is happening in America. And there are lots of people who have come to our country from others who are warning daily about what is happening. Just like the pigs, most people aren't going to listen and believe until it's too late for them to escape.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:44 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• It doesn't matter, i guess you didn't get it. Or and for the FACT: What makes you think communist countries don't grow corn?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Good grief..the CORN is an analogy. The seeming ack of education in people who hold a diploma is scary. To the O.P.- I absolutely agree!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Apr. 30, 2009