What is wronge with him!!! Can anyone relate??

My now 3mn. old son is a terrior! The doc said first he had acid reflux and than gave him meds. Now he's off the meds and we're watching to see if his fits/spells are seaizers... I know what a seizer looks like both my brother and sister sufferd from them. He will be VERY VERY happy and than lose it. He looks like he is in complete pain, he doesnt throw himself beack like he would/did for the reflux. He thows him self forward (if I'm holding him or if he's playing) and his face turns bright red, like he cant breath and then he starts to scream... There's nothing you can do durring this to make him feel better, he goes and goes... YOu cant cuddle him and south him like you can anothr baby. I know there is something wronge, but the pedi thimks I am a young mom who doesnt know what I am talking about and I am over telling it. I dont what to do.. A man my SO works with said his son was the way and had cancer! Why wont they listen?

ashley_hatty

Asked by ashley_hatty at 9:33 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• GET SECOND OPPINION AND NEW DOC!!!! THEY SHOULD HEAR YOUR CONCERNS AND REASONS BEFORE NOCKING YOU FOR BEING A YOUNG MOM!!! IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN GO TO ED!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 9:37 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Can you get a second opinion either of baby's records or baby himself? Most insurances allow that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• You need to make your doctor listen to you. Explain to him, you think something is wrong with your baby. If he doesn't listen or refer you to a Neurologist, get a new doctor! When you mention you have a family history of seizures, he should take this seriously and refer your baby for some testing just to be sure. Good luck!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:42 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• If you are not happy with the babys doctor take him to the hospital. if he doesnt have one of his "fits" while he is there tell them you want him observed as outpatient (23 hours). make them listen!!! the samw thing happened to me with my firdt one,. i knew something was wrong with her but no one would listen. my husband thouhght i was nuts. i took her to the ER, the doctors didnt find anything wrong. i demanded she be admitted. she was transfered to a childrens hospital by ambulance. before she even got to her room she had stopped breathing, if she had not been there she would have died. be persistant. you are his mother. dont take no for an answer, so to speak. you know what is best for him.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 9:44 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Go to a different doctor! Obviously there is something wrong here and I wouldnt jepordize your sons health on some dumb ass doctors opinion, I have been to many screwed up docs just get a 2nd opinion it cant hurt
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 9:45 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• My son was the same way and had colic. My son had it for about 4 1/2 months. I was breastfeeding up until then, but when I stopped and introduced formula, the screaming stopped. I thought nothing else about it until he was about 1 year old and gave him some scrambled eggs for the first time. His face swelled up and he started screaming, laying on the floor thrashing around. It was terrifying. We took him to the doctor and they test and confirmed a severe egg allergy. If you are breastfeeding, try eliminating all possible allergic foods and see if that helps. If you are using formula, I would try switch to a hypoallergenic brand. At any rate, I think I would find a new pediatrician and get a second opinion.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 9:47 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• He is on Alumentuim (SP) formula and thats one of the hypo kinds out there... He doesnt cry all the time like a colic baby, he is a very happy baby.... untill a spell.....
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 9:55 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• i agree with everyone else, go back to the doctor demand a referral and if he won't give you one, than go to another doctor. my daughter had sleep apnea and i told docs she stopped breathing in the middle of the night at her one week check up no one would listen to me until i came to the realization when she was 2, that i could demand something for her b/c i'm mom, i'm the boss, and they sent me to an ENT clinic who gave an immediate referral for a sleep study that night, two days later she had her tonsils and aednoids removed, i was told they were surprised she hadn't had worse cases of apnea and she only had use of 15% of her airway. my docs all said the same thing, i'm young and just over worried about her. i will never ever doubt my instincts on something like that again, it could have gotten much worse
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:01 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• get another doc asap. This guy sounds like he coasted through med school. GET HELP. this is his life you are dealing with and being his mother you are responsible to care for him. Like the others have said dont take no for an answer and get him looked at again.
    sierra_paigexo

Answer by sierra_paigexo at 7:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2009