My 4 yr old is having problems peeing. (complains, pain)

Yesterday and today I saw my son having problems peeing in the morning, his complains that he was in pain.
The thing is, I don’t know if this is every time he has to go or just in the morning when he has his erection. I asked him but he says no (he is afraid of going to the Dr)

I took a look at it and everything down there looks normal.

I work full time and he goes to daycare, I told his teachers to keep an eye on him when he goes to see if he complains every time he goes.

Has anyone else had this happen to there boys?
I will take him to the Dr once I hear what the teachers have to say

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Health

• maybe a bladder infection. Tell him you can go to dr. but not to worry they won't be giving a shot. If its an infection he will just get antibotics. He probably worried dr. will give him shot that is what my boys always worried about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Well it would help if you knew if it was all the time. It does hurt from time to time if they have to go really bad and the erection isn't going down any to allow all the pee to come out. If he is scared to go to the doctor then give it a few days and call Monday if he is still complaining. There is a difference between it hurting and burning so it could be a UTI or bladder infection.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:44 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I wouldnt wait to take him to the doctor... The doctors office isnt a scary place.. reassure him that their there to help him.They will have him pee in a cup to test for a bladder infection or a UTI.it could possibly be fun for him to pee in a cup lol . But i wouldnt wait to take him.it could turn in to a kidney infection in a matter of days. also pump him full of water or cranberry juice. and if he wont drink the cranberry juice put half cranberry and half orange juice..that taste really good. Good luck !!!
    Lovingmykids3

Answer by Lovingmykids3 at 10:16 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Take him to the doctor, he could have a UTI or bladder infection. Have him drink cranberry juice, Iove the Tangerine Cranberry from Ocean Spray.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:46 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I would wait on the doc until you can find out if its all the time. If its just in the AM, then its likely the reason you mentioned. That hurts. Ask him if he had pain during the day. If so then call the doc. I just try not to run to the doc all the time. I have paid dearly for things that would have worked themselves out if I had just went on instinct and waited it out.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2009