Would any parents implant a microchip in their babies to keep them safe?

I asked a question before about innovative ideas that would change America because I have to write a speech for my final and that is the topic...innovative ideas.....and I got this answer back as an idea and I was wondering how many people would do it to keep their children safe? I would if it meant that they wouldn't be lost to me forever....any opinions....either pro or con?

Tamarock

Asked by Tamarock at 9:56 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• you know, that's such a grey area. To Conspiracy Theorist, that would be the Government ways of controlling us. To a lot of us moms, that just means we know where our kids are lol. Hell would love to put one in my daughter when she's a teen lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:58 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Yes. If it had no negative health risks I would. My child has the threat of being taken by his birthmother. He is adopted. And I would like to know that if he was taken we would have the ability to track him in a heart beat. When you KNOW there is an active threat to your child's safety it is a whole new ballgame in disscussing how to care for their safety.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• No. Not at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• No. I do not think so.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:04 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• My husband would never ever let me. He thinks that is the sign of the Antichrist. Why? I have no idea. He is kind of strange about that kind of stuff. Do I agree with him? NO. But, it is his child as well, so it would have to be something that we would have to agree on right?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• they do it in animals and people still take them. So what is the difference? Only honest people try to find owners or parents. Bad guys will take animals or kids no matter what. besides, you want someone digging into your kid to remove the chip?

more involved parents and tougher sentences for creeps should happen before this.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 10:07 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• No way. Abductions are rare and if I knew there was an actual threat like the OP I would step my game even more to protect my child. I would not put a chip that has most likely not been fully tested and would invade my child's privacy when they are older.  I get to make choices with my body my child deserves the same respect.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Nope No way!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:10 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Honestly, I don't know that it would keep kids more safe. It might aid in being able to recover a body, but if some sicko out there has it in his / her mind to kill a child, that's what they will do. As it is, I think most parents have a good idea of what their kids are up to, they just don't want to take the time to parent them responsibly. Admittedly, some don't have time due to being a single parent trying to raise children alone. I wouldn't judge anyone if they wanted to have one on their child though.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:11 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• No. Color me crazy, but I'd rather take the risk of not being able to find my child than to take the risk of the gov't being able to track them for the rest of their lives.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 10:16 AM on Apr. 30, 2009