Bad behaver

my grand daughter is in 1st grade all the sudden she is acting up every day I dont know what to do she is a straight a student . We took her tv away.and toys and goes to bed very early. Help Her Nana

Sweetsue5300

Asked by Sweetsue5300 at 10:13 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• has anything changed for her lately? Is she getting enough sleep? What is she doing at school that is being considered bad behavior?
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I just got a call from my son's (2nd grade) teacher... he is the worst child that she has ever dealt with or so it seems! My poor little guy has had a lot to deal with in the past year ( unfortunately alot since he's been in her class, but that doesn't matter, he's just a horrible child). Let's see this child has been my only everything for the past 4 years! It has been just the two of us! In Aug 07, I married my husband, in Oct he deployed, came home for R&R in May, we found out shortly after that I was pregnant with twins, hubby got home in November, the twins were born in Jan and now his real father (in and out of his life father) just left for Afghanistan (after he got remarried in Feb). Do you think he's had one or two things of adjustment?! Ugh! bugs me! Anyway, to your question, I would see the same thing, did something change? Is there a child that she's trying to impress in the class? (that's my son's issue) Kids
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 1:19 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• will be kids! I'm at my wits end with my son too, because he has no toys, he is on restriction right now for just going over to a friend's house (they were outside playing and decided to head over there). My child is not bad enough to need medication (which is what I think they are trying to insinuate). He has maturity issues I think. But, I'm at a loss with him!

My mom did give my sister a book called "have a new kid by Friday" I can find out the author if you want it.
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 1:22 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Is she getting bullied or picked on at school? I would talk to her teacher.
    TabathaM

Answer by TabathaM at 6:22 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• She's probably underwhelmed with school and bored. I used to be a teacher for a well known Preschool ages 5+ up. We kinda notice that children that are of higher intellect get bored fairly easy, and start acting out. They're also more likely to be diagnosed with ADHD. Not because they have short attention spans, but because they're FLAT OUT BORED! Try creating projects that will allow her to use other sides of her personality like ARTS and CRAFTS or Musical Instrument. This gives them a challenge, and a outlet.
    Firefly1981

Answer by Firefly1981 at 12:19 PM on May. 3, 2009