What to do with a teenage son with ODD and addiction problems who has no motivation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Turn off the TV, take the Video games away and kick his butt outside. Even if he does nothing else he will at least get fresh air and sunshine! (You'll be able to air out his room too) LOL
    malindasb

Answer by malindasb at 12:36 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I would like to second that question. I have ADHD and so does my son. My son is 22 and I finally had to have him evicted because he was the king of no motivation. Believe it or not, he has been gone almost 3 mos and I have only seen him twice since he left...and last weekend he stopped by and I couldn't believe I was talking to my son. He was kind, respectful, helped me, gave me a hug and said I love you. I recently learned that my 16 yr old has been smoking but I think she just started and I have been a strict advocate of being smoke free. My son actually pulled her aside and had a talk with her about smoking, her age, cancer, etc.

However, going back to looking for resources for ODD would be most appreciated. My question is my 16 yr old daughter shows all the signs of ODD but how do you know if this is ODD or just the typical teenage years on over-drive. Please don't say, take her to a doctor..I know that.
    Susanilow

Answer by Susanilow at 5:47 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I thought ODD was cureable with the proper psychiatric care. Has he gotten the proper care from someone who specializes in ODD?
    Anonymous