Why does Otis of "Back at the barnyard" have an Udder???

I watched part of an episide of Back at the barnyard for the first time today.. And I noticed that Otis who has a masculine name and voice has an Udder... umm why? I'm confused..

iggles1967

Asked by iggles1967 at 10:19 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You know, I've always wonderd that. Personally I think it's just a joke the writers have played on us lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:19 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Reminds me of my question about curious George. Was he really a monkey? If so, where's his tail?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:21 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• the first time i saw back to the barnyard i was like "that boy cow has an udder?!?!" at least im not the only one that finds that odd lol.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 10:22 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Maybe they are not udders. Maybe they are a lot of Little Odie Odies! Woo Hoo!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:23 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Yeah, I have wondered that myself. All the male cows have udders on there....
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:24 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• i think they did it to confuse moms and have us wondering WTH was going on...or maybe they are just idiots and didn't realize that boy cows don't have those...
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:25 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Because a bull would be scary to young children (they're mean and have horns) and the black and white milk cow is familiar. Kids don't know that boy cows don't have udders and give milk.....
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 10:38 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I was wondering the same thing!
    emandnsmom

Answer by emandnsmom at 10:38 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I think its because in the game you milk yourself to make butter and cheese and need the udders.Maybe they don't know boys dont have udders.They do have nipples,but they're not engorged!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:41 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Maybe so the kids aren't confused about what kind of animal it is? To make the parents wonder why the male cow has udders? The writers/illustrators just wanted to see all the parents sit and wonder and let it bother us?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:50 AM on Apr. 30, 2009