when will i know its time too go?

okay with my 1st child he is 2 now my water broke. I am scared too death I will not know when is a gud time too leave and go too hospital.. i dont want too go too early and they send me home.. I hear it happening too every1.
I know when ur water brakes u have too go to hospital then and they cant send u back home. Iam 37wks. Will be 38 wks monday! what if my water dnt brake this time and i have contractions.?!? Please Help...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When contractions are 3-5 minutes apart. Thats what I was told with my first one. When my contractions were 3-5 minutes apart for 2 hours, then it was time to go. But with my second I was induced.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:36 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• believe me....you'll know! lol I had the same fear, but trust me when they start~ you will defenitly know
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 10:36 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• You just will know...trust me, the pain will keep coming back and slowly get worse. I had the same fear and when they started~ I knew.
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 10:38 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• You go when they are 3-5 minutes apart unless you have a long drive then you wait until they are 5-7 minutes apart. Wait until they are to the point all you do is breathe and you can't talk or walk during them. You will know when its time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I had contractions that wouldn't ease up when I laid down and rested. I knew then. But, I had an hour and a half trip so, I went regardless.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:47 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• my water leaked slowly allday with my first. Second it did break until I was at the hospital almost ready to push. I hasd a contraction and it burst bigtime.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 10:57 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Yes, you should go if your water breaks. BUT, you should make a pit stop to get something to eat before you go in (they wont let you eat!). I went in when I had regular contractions, I wasnt dialted enough so they sent me home for a fewhours. I got something to eat, went back when the pain was unbearable, and proceeded to sit in labor in the hospital for another 7 hours. Then baby came about an 1 after that.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 11:51 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• A good rule of thumb is 4-1-1. When your contractions are 4 minutes apart (from the start of one to the start of the next), last 1 minute long over a period of 1 hour, it's time to go.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 30, 2009