Do you raise your kids the way you were raised? Or try to do the opposite.

The way I was raise I try to do the opposite. Which I think it's good for my family.

margodod

Asked by margodod at 10:35 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I had a wonderful upbrining, so of course I"m raising my kids that way. I figure if I can do at least HALF as good a job as my parents, then i'm doing good. But everyone is different
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:37 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Opposite....I don't curse and put down my son and beat him. I try to raise his self esteem and make him feel like his thoughts matter and are significant.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:41 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• The reason why I use the word opposite is because, I was not raise the way my kids are being raised.

I do the best that I could do, and my husband helps me quite abit.
    margodod

Answer by margodod at 2:27 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I know. My mom treated me bad. I do the opposite for my son.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:32 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I agree with you. That's why I do the opposite, now it seems that she want's to help me as being a mom I think it's because she was not there for my sister and I.
    margodod

Answer by margodod at 4:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2009