has/would anyone change thier childs name?

masonsmommy921

Asked by masonsmommy921 at 10:35 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, she got her name for a reason. We changed it 3 times before she was born but I wouldn't change it now.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:40 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Never, my childrens names all have some familial meaning behind them.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:30 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Not their first or middle names, no. But I am hoping that in a few years, their step-father will be able to adopt them & I would change their last names at that point if they were ok with it.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:42 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I wouldn't now that they have had them for 20, 17, and 15 years....lol.
    But I originally wanted to name my 17 y/o daughter after my mother and wish I had put my foot down on that.
    I also originally wanted to name my 15 y/o daughter after mine and my husband's dearest grandmothers and now wish I had put my foot down on that, too.

My 20 y/o daughter gave her daughter (my granddaughter) a hyphenated first name (Fae-Lee), which is sweet, but I detect troubles ahead for her when she goes to school and such. I wish she had named her Fayleigh as it is a one-worded name and looks more feminine. Ah well, she is her daughter so it was her choice.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:54 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Nope,I love it!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I would change my son's last name. I love his name Zane Andrew. But Loreto-Mendez is so long and confusing that I totally regret giving him both our last names together. My boyfriend and I discussed it and we agreed he should have only Mendez. That's my bf's name. We accidentally messed up and did it backwards. It shouldve been Mendez-Loreto dad then mom. I didnt know that lol. So with the new baby its gonna be Mendez only. And we will change Zane's last name to just Mendez and drop my last name Loreto someday. Who knows when that will be though.
    bisbeesmiley

Answer by bisbeesmiley at 8:44 PM on May. 2, 2009