scheduled c-section-if you have had one

i don't care about your opinions on the fact that i am choosing to have one, from the moms who did a scheduled c-sec (i've had a previous one but it wasn't expected) what would you have taken w/u to the hospital that you didn't? what are any tips you have on preparing for it? like i said i had a previous c-sec so i know what to expect there (it wasn't an emergency sec so i'm assuming it will be the same) but any tips on how to make it easier recovery wise, or in the hospital? like i plan on bringing a pillow so i have one to sleep on (i sleep on my side w/my first i couldn't b/c it hurt the incision) i have a boppy pillow and plan on BF'ing should i bring that as well? (didn't bf last time) just any tips thanks!

vabchmommy

Asked by vabchmommy at 10:36 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am seriously considering scheduling one as well - in fact I need to make a decision by Monday. I think you replied to a post I put up yesterday where I was asking how scheduled c-sections went for people...the replies were pretty split down the middle as far as whether or not they would do it again. For me it's just my gut feeling that this is what is best for me so I feel like I need to follow it. Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question - I was just happy to see your post and know that someone else is also preparing for this! Good luck to you!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2009