Is it safe to go to the beach during pregnancy?

We planned a trip to the beach before I knew I was pregnant. I'm worried about how much I can be in the sun. Anyone have suggestions? The doctor said wear sunscreen and cool off after an hour or so. He said I should keep my body temperature from going up. Guess I'll drink ice water and sit under an umbrella?

jessiepink

Asked by jessiepink at 10:41 AM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• idk because we went last week and i'm like three weeks preg and i wore sunscreen but my legs still got burnt. I was drinking lots of water. I think the sun is good for you not a lot but like he said if you feel like you are getting hot get in water and cool off drink plenty of fluids. You should be fine your body will let you know if you're getting to hot before it harms the baby. hope this helps
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• It's fine, just keep hydrated and don't get over-heated.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:34 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• perfectly fine! Sunscreen and lots of H2O. Have fun!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 11:40 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Thanks so much for everyone's answer!
    jessiepink

Answer by jessiepink at 11:50 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I spend lots of time at the beach or pool in the summer with my kids. Being pregnant has never stopped it. Sunscreen and lots of cold water to drink.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 11:54 AM on Apr. 30, 2009